Friday, 5 July 2013

Take 5: Part 4 (A nosey post into my life)

In the last 7 weeks I didn't blog much at all so I thought I would post a few snaps of what I have been up to!

It's been most work, overtime work, travelling (for work stuff) but I did have a birthday and manage a few social trips, saw some family, and sadly got sick!  I'm currently recuperating from a cold which has made me very congested and achey (from coughing so much).

Getting lost in a hedge maze.
I love mazes.  I believe they were installed in mansion grounds as a fun way to force people to get exercise.  I do know some tricks to get through them quicker, but half the fun is getting lost or racing someone else to the middle.  The best mazes don't have a quick exit from the middle, but force you to go back the way you came!  Advice: Take water, wear sunscreen and visit a loo before you go in!

Afternoon tea! 
What a great British tradition!  Set up to give a little nourishment between meals.  This lot filled me up and was a meal!  The apple shortbread was yummy!

Post for the blog!  How exciting!
I still love getting post.  I love sending (and receiving) cards.  I don't think email will ever replace the thrill of getting a handwritten note!  One of these parcels contains some hand designs cards I bought for my card draw.  The others are blog goodies!

Elle Woods went to Law School in 'Legally Blonde'.
I love this film.  It seems to be on tv most weeks but I still watch it.  The outfit above is one of my favourites Reese Witherspoon (Elle Woods) wears.  Smart and beautiful :)  Sometimes the path to what we think we want leads us to a better goal.  (It amuses me how in the photo all the guys look bored/mad apart from the one to the left of Elle- he looks a little in love!)

Weston-Super-Mare and Kites!
A lovely British seaside town, full of tradition and Victorian buildings.  I was there when there was a kite festival- which made me think of Mary Poppins!  I haven't flown a kite for years (more pictures to follow if you want them)!  I caught the sun a little despite covering up!

What have you been up to?  Do you like Mazes, afternoon tea or Kites?  Are you a handwritten card fan?  Legally Blonde- good or bad?

2 comments:

  1. I have been up to...madness. Sheer and utter MADNESS. I've been back to spring cleaning my room (you saw my new organization "cubical.") I do bowling on Mondays. I'm trying (the cue word here is "trying"...and failing) to get back into my ballet video.

    Zena has been driving me up a tree, so I've been walking, playing, grooming, yadda yadda yadda whenever I have time. She's currently sleeping!

    As to mazes, no I don't really like doing them in real life unless I'm allowed a really big skein of yarn. I got lost in a corn maze in the dark and twisted my ankle badly when I was little and ever since then, I get antsy around them.

    There is a sort of old English maze at my botanical garden which is fun to navigate because of all the flowers I can stop and take photos of, but you don't really get "lost" because you eventually end up in another garden. I usually mindlessly take the path to the waterfall gardens. I love those gardens.

    -Katie

    P.S. Legally Blonde is one of my favorite movies. I laugh so hard.

    P.S.S. I LOVE receiving letters. Not bills. Letters and packages. They are like Vicodin for House, MD. Once you get one, you want to keep getting them ALL OF THE TIME. I always do a happy dance when I get a package or a letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Katie, I just realised I didnt reply! It sounds like you have been busy- I hope you are able to relax a little now. The storage looked great!

      That sounds awful about the maze. I can understand why you wouldnt like them! The botanical maze sounds lovely. I'm glad you like Legally Blonde too. I like both films, though Im not sure they could make a 3rd one. It would need a good script!

      I love letters and packages too! Although not bills. Those letters I dont like!

      Delete

Messages make me smile! Please share some smiles with me! :)

Other posts you might like.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...